South Boise Village
South Boise Village
Energize Our Neighborhoods will be adding the South Boise Village to its list of projects.
Energize Open House in South Boise Village
Wed, March 27th, 6pm–8pm
Garfield Elementary (1914 Broadway Ave)
After gathering Visioning feedback from people who live, work, and have children who attend school in South Boise Village throughout 2018, we are ready for the next step in the Visioning process. You helped identify ways to improve your neighborhood, now come learn about potential projects and vote for your top choice! We will also provide updates on current projects and plans for the neighborhood, as well as information about City programs and resources.
The top project(s) will be selected for development and implementation, and residents will be able to join the working group(s) formed for the project focus area(s). Click here to be notified of Energize updates and opportunities to be involved in projects.
At the Open House, you will be able to vote for one of the following projects:
- Walking path at Garfield Elementary School. A publicly accessible (outside of school hours) path along the perimeter of the school’s property, located on Broadway Ave. at Boise Ave.
- Pedestrian/bicycle crossing on Boise Ave. at Manitou Ave. A protected crossing on Boise Ave. between Broadway Ave. and Protest Rd/Beacon St.
- Sidewalk along Manitou Ave. Completion of missing sidewalk along Manitou Ave. between Garfield St. and Howard St.
- Wayfinding sign toppers. Signs mounted above street name signs in the neighborhood to indicate local destinations.
- Neighborhood events and community-building efforts. Neighborhood event(s) and activities to engage and connect residents and build/strengthen a sense of community.
If you aren’t able to attend the South Boise Village Open House, you can still vote on a project. Be on the lookout for a postcard in the mail that will include the list of projects. Vote for your top choice, and return the postcard (postage paid) to the Energize team. Be sure to mail in your vote by April 30th!
Contact the Energize team with any questions at email@example.com.
To learn more about the South Boise Village Neighborhood Association, visit their website at https://sbvnaboise.wixsite.com/sbvna.
Plans for the updates and improvements for the South Boise Village, along with plans for open space preservation, are in the Oregon Trail Parkway Plan.
South Boise Village Neighborhood Association
Learn more about the Neighborhood Association, board members, current activities, and upcoming events.
Past Neighborhood Investment Program Projects
The SBVNA has invested over the years in the following projects:
- Manitou Park Playground - 1997
- South Boise Village Entrance Signs - 1998
- Irrigation on Protest Avenue - 1999 & 2000
- Howe & Euclid Triangle Beautification Project - 1999
- Manitou Triangle Paintings - 2000
- Garfield Park Beautification Project - 2001
- Boise Avenue Beautification Project - 2003
- Hopffgarten Park Improvements - 2004
- Hazardous Sidewalk Replacements - 2006 & 2007
- ADA Curb Ramps - 2010
- Historic Signage - 2010
- Manitou Park Bike Racks - 2013
- Boise Avenue Triangle Park Maintenance - 2015
- Garfield Elementary School Garden Improvements - 2017