South Boise Village
South Boise Village
Energize Our Neighborhoods will be adding the South Boise Village to its list of projects.
A visioning event brings neighborhood residents together to develop a shared vision for where they live, work and play. No idea is too big or small - the goal is to think creatively and passionately about future investments that support the neighborhood's shared vision.
The City of Boise will be hosting visioning events to receive public input for the South Boise Village neighborhood. To learn more about these visioning events, please contact Nikki Drake or call (208) 570-6849
If you were unable to attend any of the visioning events, you can provide your feedback through an online survey until December 31, 2018.
- Visioning Event Kick-Off - April 24, 2018
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at Garfield Elementary
- Garfield Elementary Cultural Night - May 10, 2018
- 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. at Garfield Elementary
- Ice Cream Social - May 19, 2018
- 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. at Manitou Park
- National Night Out - August 7, 2018
- 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at Manitou Park
- Garfield Elementary Back to School Night - August 23, 2018
- 5:00 - 7:30 p.m. at Garfield Elementary
- SBVNA Annual Meeting - September 11, 2018
- 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at Garfield Elementary
- Hot Chocolate & Visioning - September 27, 2018
- 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at Addie's Restaurant
- Fall Festival, Potluck & Visioning Event - October 20, 2018
- 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. at Manitou Park
Plans for the updates and improvements for the South Boise Village, along with plans for open space preservation, are in the Oregon Trail Parkway Plan.
South Boise Village Neighborhood Association
Learn more about the Neighborhood Association, board members, current activities, and upcoming events.
Past Neighborhood Investment Program Projects
The SBVNA has invested over the years in the following projects:
- Manitou Park Playground - 1997
- South Boise Village Entrance Signs - 1998
- Irrigation on Protest Avenue - 1999 & 2000
- Howe & Euclid Triangle Beautification Project - 1999
- Manitou Triangle Paintings - 2000
- Garfield Park Beautification Project - 2001
- Boise Avenue Beautification Project - 2003
- Hopffgarten Park Improvements - 2004
- Hazardous Sidewalk Replacements - 2006 & 2007
- ADA Curb Ramps - 2010
- Historic Signage - 2010
- Manitou Park Bike Racks - 2013
- Boise Avenue Triangle Park Maintenance - 2015
- Garfield Elementary School Garden Improvements - 2017