Neighborhood Investment Program
What is the Neighborhood Investment Program?
The Neighborhood Investment Program (NIP - formerly Neighborhood Reinvestment Grants) is a partnership between the City of Boise and City registered neighborhood associations.
The program funds comprehensive neighborhood plans and capital construction projects to help enrich the lives of our citizens, enhance the identity and quality of life in our neighborhoods and encourage a strong sense of community. The program also funds mini-grants to support neighborhood communication and community-building.
Project awards for 2018 will be announced on July 19, 2018 at 12:00 PM in Fairmont Park.
The next application period will open on November 1, 2018. Project applications will be accepted until January 31, 2019.
All groups and associations interested in submitting a project application are strongly encouraged to attend the City Project Manager Open House event (Oct. 2, 2018) for an opportunity to discuss project ideas, plans, and feasibility. All groups and associations planning to submit a project application will be required to attend a Neighborhood Investment Program workshop in the Fall of 2018 (see below for Workshop dates/times).
- 2018 Project Awards Announcement: July 19, 2018 | 12:00 PM | Fairmont Park
- City Project Manager Open House: October 2, 2018 | 5:45-7:30 PM | Dick Eardley Senior Center, Gold Room (690 Robbins Rd.)
- Applications accepted for FY20 projects: November 1, 2018 through January 31, 2019
- FY20 Project funding announcement: July 2019
- FY20 Project implementation begins: October 2019
Neighborhood Investment Program Workshops
- October 11, 2018 | 6:30-8:00 PM | Library! at Cole & Ustick, Sagebrush Room
- October 17, 2018 | 6:30-8:00 PM | Library! at Bown Crossing, Martie Brennan Room
- October 23, 2018 | 6:30-8:00 PM | Library! at Collister, Sycamore Room
- November 6, 2018 | 6:30-8:00 PM | Library! at Hillcrest, Lemhi Room
- November 13, 2018 | 6:30-8:00 PM | Main Library, Marion Bingham Room
For questions regarding the Neighborhood Investment Program, please contact us via email or call (208) 570-6834.