Neighborhood Investment Program
What is the Neighborhood Investment Program?
The Neighborhood Investment Program (NIP - formerly Neighborhood Reinvestment Grants) is a partnership between the City of Boise and City registered neighborhood associations.
The program funds comprehensive neighborhood plans and capital construction projects to help enrich the lives of our citizens, enhance the identity and quality of life in our neighborhoods and encourage a strong sense of community. The program also funds mini-grants to support neighborhood communication and community-building.
Several updates affecting the Neighborhood Investment Program have been made, which will affect FY19 project applications. Please review the information below; for questions, email Melinda McGoldrick at email@example.com or call (208) 570-6834.
All neighborhood associations interested in submitting a project application are encouraged to attend the City Project Manager Open House event for an opportunity to discuss project ideas, plans, and feasibility. Neighborhood associations will be required to attend a ZoomGrants workshop this year.
FY18 Mini-Grant Funding
- Neighborhood Associations may apply for up to $1,500 in Mini-Grant funding to support events and projects occuring from Dec. 2017 - Sept. 2018.
- Applications accepted: October 10, 2017 - November 15, 2017
- Funding announcement: November 27, 2017
- Funding available: December 1, 2017 - September 15, 2018
FY19 Mini-Grant and Capital Project Applications
- City Project Manager Open House: September 26, 5-7 PM at the Dick Eardley Senior Center (690 Robbins Rd.)
- Applications accepted for FY19 projects: November 1, 2017 through January 31, 2018
- Project funding announcement: July 2018
- Project implementation begins: October 2018
- October 3, 6:30-7:30 PM, Main Library (Marion Bingham Room)
- October 18, 6:30-7:30 PM, Library! at Collister (Sycamore Room)
- November 9, 6:30-7:30 PM, Library! at Cole & Ustick (Sagebrush Room)
- November 15, 6:30-7:30 PM, Library! at Hillcrest (Lemhi Room)
- November 28, 6:30-7:30 PM, Library! at Bown Crossing (Martie Brennan Room)
Recent NRG Projects
- Barberton Valley History | Barber Valley Neighborhood, 2016
- Boise Hills Bike Path & Landscaping | Boise Heights Neighborhood, 2013
- Harrison Hollow Valley Trail | Highlands Neighborhood, 2012
- Oral History of the Central Bench | Central Bench Neighborhood, 2013
- Playground Equipment at Fairview Park | Veterans Park Neighborhood, 2016
- Shoshone Park Shelter | Vista Neighborhood, 2015
- Walking Path & Picnic Shelter | Hawthorne Elementary, Vista Neighborhood, 2013